Overall Objective: Maintain and distribute records of ORTESOL Board meetings Election: The Secretary will be elected by ORTESOL members for a 2-year term.
Duties & Time commitment: Approximately 50 hours of commitment per year for 2 years excluding the quarterly board meeting time
- Be a member of the Executive Committee.
- Take minutes at Board meetings.
- Send a draft of the meeting minutes to the ORTESOL Board within one week after each board meeting.
- Upload minutes to Google drive within a week of the meeting for review prior to the next board meeting.
- Upload all the approved meeting minutes to the ORTESOL Board Google drive.
- Take minutes at Executive Board meetings. Upload the approved minutes to the ORTESOL Board Google drive.
- Send approved minutes to the Tech Team to be posted on the website.
- Keep copies of correspondence both to and from the organization resulting from official action of the Board. For confidential/sensitive correspondence, put into DropBox; for others, upload into Google Drive.
- Collect the names and email addresses of new Board members and send them to the Tech Team.
- Contribute the Conference and Workshop Planning Process (Refer to the ORTESOL Committee Guidelines)
- As outgoing Secretary, ensure copies of accepted minutes from the last two years are archived on Google drive.
- Serve on the Grant Committee.
- Serve on the Finance committee. As a member of this committee, consent to a background check.
- The outgoing Secretary will deliver a report of procedures taken to address each duty, as well as all documents associated with position.