Duties & Time commitment: For each Co-SIG Chair, approximately 80 hours of commitment per year for 2 years excluding the quarterly board meeting time
Attend board meetings and ORTESOL events including conferences and workshops.
Coordinate the following:
- Promote best practices and professional standards among ESL K-12 educators including teachers, paraprofessionals and administrators
- Assist ORTESOL Conference Coordinator recruit presenters and arrange workshops on K-12 issues for ORTESOL Conferences and Workshops
- Serve on the Reading Committee for Conference/Workshop planning.
- Serve on the Election Committee (checking references, making recommendations to committee).
- Serve on the Grant Committee.
- Serve on the Advocacy Committee.
- Organize ESOL Awareness Week activities as determined by the board.
- Collaborate with the publications chair to help write or solicit interviews, articles, and pictures that highlight the SIG.
- Solicit papers and presentations from SIG members for conferences/workshops.
- Communicate information to SIG group members
- Elicit needs and interests from SIG group members.