Overall Objective: Plan and run ORTESOL Conferences and workshops
Election: 2 Co-coordinators will be elected by ORTESOL members for 2-year staggered terms.
Duties & Time commitment: For each coordinator, approximately 80-100 hours of commitment per year for 2 years excluding the quarterly board meeting time
- Lead and serve on the Conference and Workshop Committee
- Plan ORTESOL workshop(s) and conferences
- Schedule workshops and conferences
- Get suggestions for workshop presenters from conference evaluations. Create a survey to solicit theme suggestions from Board & choose theme
- Work with Theme Team to narrow the choice for presenters to 3 and share with the board (Board chooses 1 definite presenter and 1 back-up presenter or 2 presenters.) Contact possible presenters, arrange speaking logistics & payment
- Advertise workshop(s) & conferences (Coordinate with tech team).
- Arrange for food as needed (place order, coordinate payment)
- Arrange for information about logistics to members and presenters
- Arrange for distribution, and collection of evaluations
- Arrange (if necessary) for presenters’ housing, transportation, etc.
- Arrange for someone to introduce plenary presenters
- Coordinate the payment for plenary speaker.
- Ensure that the treasurer receives funds from conferences and workshops to deposit into the ORTESOL account.
- Negotiate among committee and board members tasks of subcommittees according to strengths of members.
- Receive and coordinate all reports from each subcommittee.
- Report to the ORTESOL Board about Conference and Workshop activities at board meetings.
- The outgoing conference coordinator will make sure that a report of procedures taken to address each duty, as well as all documents associated with position is passed on to the remaining Board member.